Thursday, January 26, 2012

Practice 7: Energy Efficient… heaven J



        New Monday!

        Number seven always “brings” my…heaven. :P I don´t know why, but I have always considered 7 to be my number. Everything that has to do with this number becomes my favorite…something. J You consider this to be a silly thing, but I´m feeling the need to explain you why this practice is a special one.

        I absolutely adore challenges! I love subjects that make me think! I like classes that allow me believe that I can change something in this world! I am grateful that practice number 7 reminded me this.

        During our lives we study a lot, we work hard, but the truth is that we receive everything and we can do anything we want in this world. But what do we give in return? How can we improve our world? And one of the answers could be the topic of today´s practice: “The energy efficient houses.”

        I can remember even now how this class started: “How would affect you to wake up one morning and realize you have a power cut in your house?” you asked us. This practice really made me believe that we have the power to change the world we are living in.

        I enjoyed finding out so many things about this type of houses. The two given diagrams made it clear for me: energy efficient houses aim to save energy and to protect our environment. All the gadgets added to a standard house can make it environmentally friendly. (For instance: the solar panels that help us heat water, the wind powered generator which provides us electricity or the double glazing to help us keep the heat inside the house)

        The first part of the class was definitely the perfect way to start a new week or why not even a new…life! J It made me realize that we can have our own little part of heaven even here, on Earth.

        In the second part, I had the opportunity to do other thing I like doing it a lot: online exercises. It is not a surprise that I love to read and write. (I believe my writings sustain this idea :D) So I could say: I love words in general! Therefore the multiword verbs intrigue me and make phrasal verbs a subject I am interested in.

        I would have so many other things to say. But I will stop here and simply let you know that this practice reminded me what we should live for: to make this world a better place! J



No comments:

Post a Comment