Monday, December 5, 2011

PRACTICE 1…ORAL PRESENTATIONS ARE ON!



        Hello again! I am still working on my own, at home. I am sorry I missed practice number one, because it really seems an interesting one. This practice focuses on making a list of things that make a good presentation. (Starting with the overall impression which includes: awareness of your audience and clear objectives, going on with the presentation system: planning, organization, information and impact and finally being aware of the presentation delivery, the body language and the visual aids)
        My colleagues had the opportunity to practice their listening skills by hearing an effective presentation of Westwood’s Peter Blake. In this way they identified what makes a presentation effective and how to present the background information. By hearing a second, non-effective presentation, I believe that they were able to make a comparison between those two. As a result they could understand better the concept of an “effective presentation”.
        I was not able to do the listening exercises, but instead I focused on grammar. The “Language focus” with time expressions and tenses helped me to review three tenses: The simple past, the present perfect and the present simple. 
        The second part of the practice was definitely more captivating. Based on my technical experience in Mechanical Engineering, I had to visit three web sites and make a definition of my discipline. Everybody knows that Mechanical engineering is a discipline of engineering that applies the principles of physics and materials science for analysis, design, manufacturing and maintenance of mechanical systems. But for me was more than this and I can’t get enough of this fascinating world.

        I am looking forward for my next practice! See you soon:D
          

No comments:

Post a Comment