Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Practice 4… all I was waiting for:D

         After three weeks of learning about oral presentation it is finally “Question Time”! I believe now, I could give a better answer to your question from practice number one: “What is the point of an oral presentation?”
        As you already know, I am an Erasmus student and I am so proud to be here. My entire experience since I have been in Spain was absolutely amazing. This is why I would definitely say that I am living the “Erasmus dream”. Everything is different here (weather is sunnier, people are nicer, food is spicier), but the oral presentations are the same here as in RomaniaJ. Even since high school I had to make oral presentations, but nobody really explained me what is the point of these presentations. Now, due to these English practices, not only that I know what the point is, but I also know what makes a good presentation.
        Romanian study system offered me an outstanding volume of knowledge. Unfortunately, I had few opportunities to practice all that I have been learning during these years. In Spain, I found a better way to study! By practicing more; I have managed to learn more. I have already prepared some oral presentation and this is the reason why I value so much my English practice classes.
        The videos from my fourth practice gave me a great example of how to handle questions after a presentation. The first step is to make sure you understand the question you are being asked. (you can repeat the question in your own words or even ask the questioner to repeat it for you in order to check out your understanding) The second step is to repeat a simple question to make sure that all the audience has heard. The third step is to answer the question in a brief way.
        I really appreciated that I was given suggestions even for two unusual situations. The first one was in case of not knowing the answer. The most important thing in this situation is not to panic, but also to have a back-up strategy. (such as: to offer to find the answer later, to ask if anyone else in the audience can give a brief answer, to suggest a source where the questioner might find the answer etc.) The second unusual situation appears when no one has a question. In this case you should answer a question you have prepared in advance, by saying: “An important question that often comes up is…”
        After “Question Time”, what else can we find out about oral presentations? Who knows? Maybe practice number five will give me an answer even for this question.
        Bye bye! See you next timeJ!

No comments:

Post a Comment