Monday, December 5, 2011

Practice 2…I’m with you :D

        This was the first practice I attended to and my first impression was: “I am going to enjoy this class!” I realized from the beginning that English practice classes have an organized structure, because of the study materials, which are divided into: part 1- grammar revision and part 2- oral presentations. Having such an organized study plan, the two hours go by without notice.
        Firstly, we focused on the language of definitions: Relative clauses. The study material provided us all the information we need about: defining and non-defining relative clauses. (and for each of them: definitions, examples, punctuation, relative pronouns used in defining and non-defining relative clauses and also some of the expression used in introducing the non-defining clauses)
        Secondly, we made use of all the given information to improve our grammar skills by solving the exercises. (there were two types of exercises: gap fill relative clauses exercises and sentence combination with relative clauses) We even had the possibility to take a short test on relative clauses.
        Thirdly, on the second part of the practice, we went on with our oral presentations. The main concern was to learn how to start an oral presentation. (introducing yourself and your talk, which should include the following elements: 1 Greeting, name and position; 2 Title/subject of the presentation; 3 Purpose/objective; 4 Length; 5 Outline/the main parts of the presentation; 5 Questions and finally 6 Reference to the audience.) All of these elements were better illustrated in the listening exercises. (we heard twelve extracts from the introductions to two presentations- one internal, one external.)
        Therefore, after this practice I found out that it is important to have a choice of words and expressions at your fingertips. I know that there are so many other important things one should know when making an oral presentation, but I am confident that after finishing with all the practice classes I will be able to make an outstanding oral presentationJ
        I can’t wait for my next practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment